Question

joschange

I've paid the $479 in collections
since I've already paid this debt in full & the paid confirmation #051313. they said it would post as paid on May 21st. It still shows as unpaid. Why? I'm applying to buy into a townhouse coop this week & I need this to show as paid already. the collections company is sending me a letter that its paid but it would look better if your company would also show as paid. PLEASE...

Most Helpful Response

Credit Karma is not a credit bureau.  They get their information from TransUnion.  Each collector sends their data to the bureaus on whatever day of the month they choose, so it may take 30 days for the paid status to show up on your credit report.

joschange

thank you. I looked up trans union & hopefully can go from there with my dispute.

the collections company told me they report on the 21st & said I was lucky cuz it was the 20th.  so it should've been done.