Question

Babydollor

i've paid off two credit cards in the past 6mo, why is my score going down? didn't close accounts.
i have also paid off my car, as well as two credit cards. i did not close the accounts. what gives?

Me too. And, my score went DOWN!

My big problem (the only one, actually) was utilization. 

We budgeted, economized, and paid down our credit cards and increased my Utilization report card to a B.  All my other "report cards" continue to be A's.  Yet, my overall credit card does not reflect any sort of average of my sub report cards (it's noticeably lower) and my TU Credit Score actually went DOWN a few points. 

How can you have all A's and one B and still get a C overall?  How can nothing but improvements LOWER your TU Score?

The only alerts since I paid stuff off were positive ones, I think.  (Utilization going down dramatically and one credit card bumped up my credit limit a little bit.)

It's disappointing, we've been working on this plan for months and were expecting a dramatic improvement as a reward for our efforts.