Question

jgreen98

I've had to let my credit go to crap because of med. costs. When will some of bad credit drop off
I have not had the money to pay on some of my bills.. Money went to prescriptions and medical care. I have paid off some. Two in the last 4 months. Will some of the old ones drop off. I have been trying to get another job, but they keep hitting my credit, does that show up also. I sure could use a break

Most Helpful Response

The collection accounts will stay on your report for up to seven years after the last payment recieved. 

If you're paying the accounts off, you can try and ask the collection agencies (in writing) for pay for deletion, meaning they get their money and in turn stop reporting the deliquent account.  There is nothing requiring them to accept this, but it never hurts to try.  If not, the fastest way to rebound will be to keep paying the debt off and let time do its thing.