Question

ShanaAnika

ive had overdrafts in my accounts here and there , would i still be able to get a credit card?
ive had overdrafts in my account before and I was just wondering would I be able to get a credit card . I have my own phone bill and I am behind on that most of the time to , I have only one job and im living with my grandmother , she cant provide for me because she has bills of her own on a fixed income . please help !

Getting credit only depends on  your credit score.  If you have a good score, then you should be OK.  Overdrafts do not show up on your credit score unless you closed the bank account with a balance owing the bank.

Most Helpful Response

Credit Cards

My question to you is....If your behind on your phone bill most of the time why do you want to get a credit card? I would first figure out a way to pay the phone bill on time then after 6 months or so I would get a secured credit card and practice paying that on time then maybe go after a regular credit card. Otherwise your just going to get yourself in to debt that you can't get yourself out of....