Question

hardcoreelliott

ive had a small loan from a fiance company and it hasn't improved my credit at all, what do I do?
It started last year with just a small 200 loan and has been growing up to 350, I have not missed one payment, and I have even paid more than sometimes because I thought it would improve my credit but nothing has occurred. should I just finish paying it off and be done with the company? or what?

Old enough to know better but new enough to the game to still make a difference.
Mike

Is the lender reporting the account to all three bureaus?  If not, that is one reason.  Is your utilization on the loan over 30%?  If so, that hurts your score, doesn't help it.  Pay it down and keep the balance between 1-3% of your credit limit; wait 3 months and see what happens.  There are lots of things that affect your score, so without seeing your full credit report, it's really hard to say what actions you need to take.  Best of luck!