Question

ganandorf

Ive countered my collection agency to 30%. What is the best tactic to combat?
I had a monthly installment plan in which I missed two months. I am now settling for a reduced price.They claim I can not get the 30% intill I make those two missed payments. Is that true? Also, they claim that they are on behalf of the bank's collection agency so its regulated by them. Does that mean they dont own the debt I ll have a harder time negotiating a fairer term? Thank you.

Most Helpful Response

They do not have to settle. They can demand the full amount. That said, they call the shots on the deal and can demand that you pay the two payments in addition to the settlement amount. All you can do is try to negotiate the best deal that you can, but remember, they don't HAVE to do anything.

ganandorf

Thx mate. Appreciate your input.

question

I guess my question if i am settling shouldnt it be based on the remaining principal or balance and not have to do with any structured deals in the past? Is it neccessary to make those payments?