Question

Posted in Taxes

GrammyJammy

I've been hacked!
My CPA was hacked. The IRS/FBI were alerted immediately and the IRS flagged a fake return from me (and my ssn). Is there anything I should be doing to protect my credit further?

Go to the websites of Transunion, Equifax and Experian and read about how to freeze your credit reports. That would be a good thing to do at this point and keep an eye on all of your reports and all of your accounts.

Hacked2

I'm even locked out of my Karma account. I'm in the financial industry and have worked with credit reports for over 20 years. I've had a freeze on all 3 bureaus, but kicker is someone was able to remove my freeze as they have my SSN and date of birth. More than likely have accessed my credit karma and have been contacting my creditors, cancelling cards and having new ones sent. More than likely accessed this info through Karma. I've been successful at catching everything the past several days and has consumed time I don't have, but not going down without a fight. I CAN'T ACCESS MY OWN KARMA ACCOUNT. My email has been hacked and there is no contact info for Karma. Karma is my only wildcard out there and have been unsuccessful in trying to contact customer service, access my OWN account, modify my account!!!!

Hacked2

Well update, the hackers were kind enough to return my password to the original and have access to my account. I'm sure my report was printed out and laminated.