Question

Joecool90

Is this messed up or what?
So I called a collections agency to pay off the one thing I had through them. I informed them that I wanted to pay off my $10 medical bill and they told me that I had 3 items with them. So I asked what they were and she told me I had two $10 items and 1 for $107. I asked if I could pay the two $10 items and receive a mailed copy of the other item since this one was new to me. She said that would be no problem. I log into credit karma today and they reported it to my report now....it wasn't even on there before. Is it a little messed up that they put it on there a few days after I called them? I wonder if they forgot about it and once I called they pulled open my file and saw they never submitted it. The 2 $10 items never appeared on my report and now that they are paid, they still don't show(which I'm guessing is a good thing). Rant over!

Most Helpful Response

If you come to find out that the new $107 collection is actually your bill and you decide to pay it, make sure that you try to get a "pay for delete agreement". If you come to find out that this account is not yours, then dispute it with the credit bureaus that are reporting it.