Question

Pamaja

Is this Hard Credit report legal?
I'm refinancing my home and a bank that I have a HELC with agree to be in subordinate position ( 2nd) but pulled a hard credit report. Is it legal for them to request a hard inquiry on my credit? I'm up to date on my HELC , No late payment . I'm not asking them to Refi the HELC loan. Is this a legal Hard inquiry ?

Most Helpful Response

YES!

Things can change from the time they approved the HELC and now when you want to refinance, so they would understandable like to know hoiw things are at the moment.  Inquiries don't have that big an impact on tyour credit score unless there are a lot of them in a short time.

Any lender that you currently deal with has the legal authority to pull your credit as they wish. The only exception would be if they did it excessively causing significant damage to your credit profile.