Is This A Scam?
I keep receiving emails that say
"A substantial increase to your credit score was approved this afternoon by the 3 major credit bureaus.

TAKE NOTE: Credit increase cannot take place without your verification.

Please review this info --->"

and it points to a link that says I must click on it. Is this a scam? If it is a scam, how do I stop it?

Most Helpful Response

When in doubt, don't!!

I agree with your suspicions that this could be a scam.  When I get things like this, they get sent to my spam file and I won't bother dignifying them with an answer, and I won't even open the mail (subject line is usually enough info) because they could also contain a virus.

It is a SCAM, label it as SPAM

"a substantial increase to your credit score was APPROVED?" What in the world is that? Nothing like this exists in my knowledge. It is a scam/virus or something else. Don't touch the email, label that email as spam and forget about it.