Question

Brindia79

Is there someone or a group that can help tell me what credit cards to keep or close?

Don't close any cards!!!

If you had taken the time to read the very informative articles presented by this site (which is here specifically to teach how credit works and how to improve one's credit score) you would know that closing any credit card will hurt your score.  The goal should be to build a large amount of available credit, use a small amount (10% or less) and repay it every month.  I am very happy with everything I have learned here because my score has really gone up and I'm a retiree on a fixed income.

I agree with jwsister for the most part.  Generally you should close cards if you have too many and aren't using them to their full advantage, and if these cards have yearly ownership fees which negate the rewards. For example if you have a travel rewards card and don't travel; then the travel reward points aren't going to do any good.

Any cards you want to close, ask for a credit increase on one or more of your other cards so your credit availability is the same or increased. As mentioned above, it's up to you to read and understand credit.