Question

jlane95

is there anywhere that allows you to use your paid off house as collateral?
i need to find a place that will allow me to use my house as collateral and not my credit or at least not base it off my credit.... is there a type of mortgage or something that may be similar? anyone know of anything? Responses greatly appreciated.............. Thanks, in advance

that is tough as the only thing I know of is a mortgage.  But maybe a reverse mortgage might be worth looking at, but in the end you lose you home that way so may not fit the bill at all.  To my knowldge there is nothing like the title loans for cars out ther for a home.  And the interest on those types of loans are horrible.  Anything else is going to be based off your credit score as to if they will do it for you or not. but since you own the home they might be willing to do it with a very low LtV (loan to value)