Question

Posted in Taxes

Kash925

Is there anyway a tax lien can be cleared from your credit after it has been paid off?
I received the lien back in 2013 and paid it in 2013.

Most Helpful Response

No one in a hurry to remove your lien

Dear Kash 925,

I am in a sort of similar problem as you except my lien is over 7 years old - to jwsister's comment.  I read the site and the site says they are removed after seven years.  Mine will be eight years old come October and has also been satisifed and released and the release recorded!

I don't expect any help without having to pay for it.  Then again, an eight year-old satisfied lien is probably not hurting my score to much but I would rather see it go away.

If you had read the articles on this site, you would have learned about credit history and how long items remain a part of said history after they are paid.