Is there any way to search the discussion forums?
As stated

Madlock

Most Helpful Response

I don't know the answer, but this sure is a good suggestion, so I just wanted to second it and add a star to the question!

If anyone from CK is reading this, a "Forum FAQ" would probably be helpful also, so we don't end up with so many of the "how do i get my score up fast" or "y is my score low" questions w/ no details. ;)

Great idea, Madlock!

Response by
nathanmedic

Thanks for the suggestion. We will add this to the feature roadmap.

Review by
CK Moderator

This was just Recently added. There's a quick search box on the Q&A main page as well as a menu item "Search" up in the second nav bar.

Response by
chuyskywalke

Yes, it was implememted for the Q&A main, however it seems to be broken.  The most simple happy path test (search for a unique word in a visible topic) yields no results. 

To CK:

Is there an ETA on fixing the search functionality in the Q&A section?  Thanks and keep up the good work

Response by
iluzions77

There is a Browse Categories tab under the Credit Advice tab if that helps at all.

Response by
CactusEater

Need advice please

I monitor my credit, and it's taken awhile to get it 735. Last year I switched from one wireless account to another. (I did pay off my other contact). Now this year, I have received only 2 letters, 1 dated february 2014 and 1 dated April from the same company I have now for my wireless only now the collection letter is from their landline department who said they sold the past due account $168.93 to AFNI. I do remember a landline back from 2005 2006 but thought this was paid, but unfortunately I can't find that proof. 

I don't understand why after all these years I now get these two letters..(which I do find really ironic after August of last year I opened up an account for new phones under their wireless division). 

I do not want to call AFNI directly as I do not want to make contact with them. They did offer me a settlement however I know this will negatively impact my credit and my score. Do I just let this go on and on or has it reached its statute of limitations for the seven years. Sometimes when that happens they resell as I have seen in the past and then your account opens again it opens up a whole brand new can of worms. At this point I do not think they have sold it to anybody else but it is 7 years now, how do I dispute this, how do I keep my credit good I do not want to just make a settlement or call them to pay it off because it is old. I am currently not working, I just lost my brother I cannot deal with all this stress. I'm still taking care of loose ends and legal paperwork from his death. Why why after all theses years do they know contact me...and at that only twice via mail? Very distraught.

Thank you all for any advice! 

Response by
natper728

I don't understand

Long story short, my credit score dropped over 100 points in a month as I lowered my total debt.

Right now Credit Karma states that I have a [A] in card utilization (up from [B]) last month.
I have an [A] in payment history.

I have an [A] in history.

I have a [C] in total accounts because I don't have enough different cards

I have a [D] in credit inquiries because last month I contacted 3 different mortgage brokers for our first home.  And about 6 months ago we opened 3 revolving accounts to buy some new furniture after a move.   We've paid all three off.

We also had some credit disputes that have dropped off, but from what I can tell that means that the negative items are removed rather than existing.

At this point, it feels like I just got f'd by the credit system.  I am worried that my lender will decide to bump up our rate as a result.  

Can anyone help me understand what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Response by
bixmix82

Search Using Google

Use this as your search term in google if you want to search for pages/discussions on public records:

site:creditkarma.com public records

Response by
ybeohcs

Submit to the Community