Question

asundin38

Is there any way to purchase a home with a 620 credit score and no credit card or car loan?
I have a good job. I really would like to buy a home instead of wasting money renting. Is there anyway around not having to get a credit card or a car loan. I really do not want either. I feel it is unfair to make someone do this in turn to purchase a home.

Would you loan money to a stranger?

Your credit score is a way of gauging how well you manage your money. 

That is the only reference lenders have to judge weather you'll pay them back. 

Credit cards should only be tool so you don't have to carry cash. If you use them that way and don't use them to live beyond your means then there is nothing wrong with using them to prove to the banks that you can be trusted. 

I tried living a cash only lifestyle for 2 decades. But as I got older I came to realize that I can live better and save money by buying in to the "credit game".