Question

Cw19

Is there any way to get out of collections you already agreed over the phone to pay?
I defaulted on a loan and I wasn't notified, which isn't illegal in my state. And I at the time not knowing any better I agreed to pay the collections over the phone. I paid them for a while, but now I'm unemployed and this debt is crippling me financially and I haven't been able to pay them for a while. Iwanted to know if there was a way out of it? Also, does anyone have any tips on getting your student loan debt off your credit or deleted all together?

Thanks for the help.

Probably not a whole lot that you can do if you can't afford to pay. You will probably have to let it age off and hope that you don't get sued in the meantime. The only possible option at this point (without money to do a pay for delete agreement) you might be able to find an FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) violation and that can really work in your favor. So read up on that. The student loans, if Federal loans, will need to be paid at some point in time, they won't age off, you won't win against the Federal government.