Question

Rerun117

Is there an etiquette for paying your credit card bill on time?
If I've made a urchase using credit and I have funds available to apply to my balance, should I do it immediately or wait for my credit statement? Will this effect my scoring at all?

Most Helpful Response

Wait!!

Pay only what is shown as the total balance owed on the card statement.  This will reflect well in your 'on time payments' and 'usage' which are important factors in your credit score.  Do not worry about the interest.  It will only come into play if you do not pay all of the 'total amount' and then, only on the amount that was carried over to the next billing cycle.