Question

dtattheborder

Is there a way to find out who is using my SS# under other names?
I recently discovered my SS# is being used with multiple names to access loans and possibly gov benefits. Apparently one has even gotten a mortgage.
How can I find what names are being used with my SS#?

I responded to your other question but you did not give what I asked to know. My question is, why do you think this? What are the reasons? Please understand that errors do happen on credit reports, incorrect names, incorrect addresses, it does NOT automatically indicate fraud. Information does get crossed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I also wonder if this is coming from the "Security Questions" when you opened up your Credit Karma account. There is incorrect information listed on the Security Questions, this helps Credit Karma determine that you are actually you. Information that does NOT apply to you will be listed to see if you pick it or not.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You state that "multiple names" are being used, but you do not know what the names are. How could you possibly know that "multiple names" are being used if you do NOT see the names? This doesn't make sense to me. You also say they are accessing loans, what loans? Accounts that are not yours can appear on your credit report without wrongdoing involved, just simple errors by the credit bureaus. Accessing government benefits? I highly doubt it, the gov. would require extensive information for benefits.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you find incorrect information or accounts that are not yours listed on your credit reports, you need to dispute that with the credit bureaus reporting it. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites. AND, if you got your concerns from the Security Questions when setting up an account here, IGNORE it and don't worry about it, as it is normal to see incorrect information on Security Questions