Is there a percentage limit to how much a company can add in fees?
An old account from my divorce was at $120 when it went into collections. The collection account then put it at $532 - for the last year I have been fighting with a company to tell me what this unknown debt of $2532 is and found out its from that original $120. Can a creditor company legally tack on over 400% in fees? From 532 to 2532? It seems like there would be some limit so it is feasible to pay it off. Would explain why they refuse to return my formal requests for a financial breakdown and principal balance.