Question

LA688i

Is there a difference between when my bank reports my CC balance when credit bureaus report?
I am unclear on when credit card balances are reported to credit bureaus. I called my bank and they told me they only report balances every 6 months unless the card is past due in which case they report the balance every 30 days.

But on CreditKarma and other websites it seems that the bureaus receive updated information on credit balances/utilization after each closing date for a specific billing cycle. Please note that by closing date, I don't mean the date by which a payment is due. I mean...well to be honest I don't exactly know what it means. The date on which the balance on the card up to that point is officially 'posted' to the account? The date after which

Anyway, the information on CreditKarma (the last time my report was updated) supports the conclusion that credit information is reported on the closing date. I just hope that is correct and not an irregular/weird thing across many banks. I really want to be sure so that I can work on improving my credit score.

Can any experienced persons weigh in on this question/observation.

I appreciate your time in this matter.

Thanks