Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

bumblybee2

is there a differance score wise if debt medical
the majority of debt are medical bills that i am paying off little by little.....but getting there.

NO

There is no different calculation to your CR if its medical debt (that i know of anyway). I managed to get a few of mine deleted with ease that were in collections and I paid nothing! I sent a debt validation letter to the collection agency withing 3 days they informed me they had no choice but to delete it off my report. For a 3rd party debt collector to validate medical debt it is in a direct violation of HIPPA regulations!!!! So they could not comply with my validation and deleted the debt. Often times this will kick it back to the origional creditor that is still better than it being in collections as you can negotiate "pay for delete"  or "paid as agreed" with the OC. Even a paid Collection has a negative impact on your score, Check your states SOL on debt reporting. It varies by state as to how long prior to something dropping off. If you have many previouse addresses on your CR send a letter to all three bureaus requesting the old addresses be removed and only your current address reported. Send them a copy of your DL and a utility bill that show your current address. This often helps in disputing debts as well as catching items prior to them reaching collections. I have many collections I did not recieve dunning letters from as I moved a lot in the past. Never forget that debt collectors "purchase your debt" for pennies on the dollar and with medical debt you can often time negotiate to pay less than 50% of the origional balance! When communicating with creditors for payment for delete always get it in writing and never do it over the phone, you want a paper trail! This way if they do not delete in a timley manner (usually 45 days max) you can submit all your records of the agreement to the CB's for deletion!