Question

ipanduh

Is there a company that will report a credit history as the creditor on your credit report?
I remember finding one a couple of months back on a web search, but I can't remember the name of it. Basically, if I remember correctly, the service grants you non-useable credit and reports the credit history as the creditor to the bureaus. Any help?

From what you describing? could it be that someone you do not know, let you be their authorized user on their credit cards, therefore whatever it's history became yours as well, am I close? There is term for it but I don't remember what it is, more like I didn't really care to remember it ... There are people being paid to do it and there is middleman/company who provide such services, but either way, with today's rampant ID theft? It isnt best of ideas to get involved. Sometimes short cuts have a way making you stuck in a cul-de-sec.

Yes, there are "people" out that who will do as you ask.  You pay them for the service and give them "all your financial information"    Then later when your ID is stolen and you find there has been identity theft, you'll know who to blame.    There is another firm, who I do not endorse called RentReporters who supposedly will contact your landlord for payment information and report this as additional credit on your credit report.   You could also consider doing it the old fashioned way of having a credit card, making timely payments and building your credit based on your actual credit performance.  Yes, it takes time but it would be something you earned.