Question

BevAnn515

Is the SouthWest Aillines Reward card a good card?

If you fly Southwest...

Most credit cards and their rewards programs are nothing more than gimmicks to get you interested.  Any rewards you get you pay for in interest when you pay over time.

I would rather get a 9.9% interest rate on the card than a 19.9% interest rate with 1% back on the front end.  You get good rates with high credit scores.  You get high scores with good credit management.

Chose cards that offer you good rates with the best terms and not by what the promise to reward you with.  For most people, you will have to fly at least 6 times a year and use that card for all your expenses to earn enough mile for a one way ticket.  Do you fly that much? how much do you put on credit cards each month, How long will you need to use the card before you can redeem the miles you have in mind?

personally, I  favor cash reward programs.  I save up those rewards all year and cash them in every January to pay for all the christmas that I have just put on the credit cards. This year, rewards paid for 70% of my christmas buying & travel.

Now if you're the type that pays off your card every month and use cards for everything, then it could pay off much quicker, avoiding interest.

In other words, do the math for yourself. See if the card will pay off for you based on how you manage your money. There are no real "Good" or "bad" credit offers, it all depends what fits best for you at the time.

I am not sure, but I would google search the reviews on it to learn more about it.