Question

KamaKoa2014

Is paying your whole bill before the due date better?
When I use my credit card, I usually pay it off weekly when my statement comes in. But I pay it off before its due. Does this affect my score in anyway or does this not do anything to my score?

Most Helpful Response

Yes, paying your whole bill before the due date is better.

For the past 3 years have not paid any intrest on any credit card.  All Credit Cards are Paid in full before the Due Date.  The only Exception is for a 0 APR period where you have a 3,6 or 12 month period or open a new card with 0 APR. 

If you look at my profile you can see the time-line I have been keeping on my CK Score and some other information that I'm tracking.

Since you're not carrying a balance it doesn't matter either way.  I prefer to keep a 1-3% balance on my card at all times, it causes my score to rise.  

jwsister

I don't like paying interest, so try to pay the total showing on the statement every month.

Addison170

The only proof I have is my own experience and the collective experience of other credit repair professionals.  Also, if you look at Credit Karma's advice under "Utilization" they suggest the same thing - keep a small balance to drive up your scores.

Addison170

Besides, paying on time is paying on time.  The credit bureaus only care about late payments, they do not have a code for "paid balance early" so it doesn't affect your score at all.