Question

Naya0812

Is my job monitoring my credit?
I received a Credit Monitoring Alert stating "You are now associated with the following new employer on your credit report: ______". Does that mean my employer is looking into my credit?

Probably not

Have you recently applied for a new line of credit, or pulled a copy of your credit report? Any information you give up on a credit application will be sent to the credit bureau and added to your report. Also, if you pull a report directly from one of the credit bureaus they will ask for your current employment information and then they add this information to your report.

If your employer is pulling your report, first they would need to have your consent so you would be aware of this possibility. Also you would see soft inquiries either by your employer or their third party service.

If you would like to have this information removed from your report you can file a dispute with the credit bureau that is reporting it, they will remove it with very little hassle.