Question

Sportsballb25

is Merrick Bank visa a good card for me.
pre-approved for 900.00 amount doubles to 1800.00 after 7 payments on time no annual fee

Read all the smaller prints (no one can read or understands the actual "fine" print) go thru the terms and conditions couple times understand and know the fees, interest rate, have grace period or not.... Ect, Just for example, is that 900 starting limit its actually 900 or its "upto" 900? cus they do not tell you what limit you will get in pre-approvals.

-

Personally, it's only as last resort along with First Primer, Blazz and Credit One, I would go secured card first then getting those cards. I would suggest Capitol One's Platinum/QuickSliver "One" first. If you gets declined and don't want go secured card route then maybe.

I got my card from Merrick earlier this month on their 700/1400 offer. The only thing that they wanted was a $3 a month service fee billed at $36 for the first year. I had not used it yet but I got my statement and it was exactly as they said. $36 is all that I owe them now and after 12 months it's a recurring $3 monthly fee.  Maybe it's an unnecessary expense for someone with good credit but I consider it a bargain considering that this is what I pay to maintain a prepaid debit card.  The fine print was in plain English and easy to read and understand. The didn't blindside me with any hidden costs or fees so I expect all to go well.