Question

swquintal5307

Is it worth it to pay off collection debt?
I have about $1800 worth of collection debt, most of which is medical bills. Is it worth it to pay that stuff off? Will it even be removed from my credit history or help my score? I read story's of people saying it was a waste of time and money to pay those off because it didn't help them.

Most Helpful Response

Collections will cause your score to go down and if you have to many; it will cause you to be denied for a loan. The key is to pay them off but ask for "pay for delete". This will remove all negative item off your credit. Some creditors will delete it some will not. Sometimes you have to ask to speak to a manager to help. Let them know you are trying to repair your credit. Good luck my friend.