Question

Taylotann0413

Is it possible to have derogatory late payments removed off of your credit score for student loans
I have been in good standing for over year on on Time payments for my Nelnet student loans department of education and I was just wondering if there was any way anyone new to get those derogatory marks removed to help boost my credit score

NOPE!

And I have tried.  On more than one occasion.  

I had a small loan of $600 that I forgot even exisited.  It had been defered for 30 years.  I had paid off my school loans 2 decades ago.  Apperantly they never updated my info and never reported this to a credit bureau.   One day out of the blue I get a bill in the mail.  I verified the bill was actually mine with the school.  it took a couple of months but once i verified it, i paid the nearly $1500. that they said i owed in 2 payments.  3 months later the account showed up on my credit report showing 22 late pays over 90 days.  It killed my credit score, dropping my score 159 points in 1 day, 

I wrote letters to everyone i could think of to no avail.  Luckily my credit is in pretty good shape, My score picked up 100 points over the next few months, and is still climbing every month. But I will have to wait until they fall off before i will get back to where i was before.