Question

LisaH001

Is it possible to have closed negative reports taken off my credit report?
I have been working on getting my credit score up following the advice from here. My next question is: Is it possible to have older, closed accounts taken off of my report if there are some negative reports or do they have to stay on? I have paid them all off now.

Most Helpful Response

Fair Credit Reporting Act rules apply

The Fair Credit Reporting Act is a federal regulation that requires that credit transactions be reported and remain on the credit report until 7 years have passed.  There are no options that can have your history removed, even if  the remarks are negative.  You'll just have to wait for the time to pass.

In the meantime, make sure any credit accounts you have now or in the future are paid on time and in the amounts agreed (or better if possible) and those good points mounting up take the "sting" out of the older bad ones until they disappear.