Question

Gioguy21

Is it possible to get a mortgage with this situation?
"My fiancee and i (getting married in June 2014) both have scores hovering around 600. combined income we make over $120k/year . combined CC balances = no more than $4k. is it possible for us to find a mortgage?"

Most Helpful Response

FHA allows for maximum financing (3.5% down payment) down to a 580 credit score.  So it is possible.  One suggestion I would make is getting the credit cards paid as far down as possible, as that should boost your credit scores.  Between a 580-620 score, your rate would be at least a full percent higher than if your scores were above a 620.

Talk to some mortgage brokers in your area and see if they have any options for you.  I would not let them pull credit until you find out if they are approved with any lenders that will go down to a 580, as there are not many lenders that will go that low.

If you happen to be in Ohio, you can find my contact info on my profile.