Question

pi4st5ol

Is it legal for a business to continue to report a delinquent acct after they send to collections.
I had a charge/credit account with a local tire store 6 years ago. I owed them around $200. They sent the account to collections, and the collection agency sued me in small claims court. Obviously, the collections agency also reported the debt to the credit bureaus. My issue is that the business that I owed the original debt to has continued reporting that the account is delinquent every month for the last 6 years. Was this legal? Now that I have payed the debt do I have to wait 7 years for this to get off my report? Thanks

Yes, they were allowed to do that. The account will fall off your reports 7 years from the time that you didn't pay (not 7 years from now). So if this is 6+ years old, you are getting close to having it removed. Do some reading on "Early Exclusion" as the account may be eligible to be removed now or very soon. It is really hard for me to believe that they took you to court over a two hundred dollar debt.