Is it easier to get to 700 from 543 or from No Credit?
I don't understand "No Credit" if there's no number, where do you start? Once you apply for a credit card what would your number be? It's so confusing to me.
I'm asking because my father stole my identity for a utility bill that he didn't pay and so there's a debt in collections under my name. My mom/family doesn't want me to report him, but that's the only way to get my credit back to No Credit like it should be since I've never had credit before in my life.
My mom is saying he'll contact the debt collection company and pay it off. This was recent btw, he opened it right after I left the country to study abroad for a year (clearly deliberate) and closed when he thought I was coming back.
Will it be harder to get to a good credit score from 543 or from No Credit?
I'm not sure if I should turn him in, since he will get arrested and go back to No Credit, or not turn him in and have to fix my credit on my own?