Question

Louise120976

Is it better to take out a personal loan or get a new card and transfer some of the balance?
$3,000 worth of credit card debt

How about,  Sell something,  Or getting a 2nd or 3rd Job to pay off the balace?

Depends on your credit score.  I had $3000 in credit card debt and the Score Simulator Program on this site indicated a balance transfer was feasable.  Since I was working on building my score (and trying to get the debts paid off as fast as possible, I took the plunge and got a balance transfer card from my credit union with 0% interest for 12 months and I got those cards paid in full.  They are now paid in full every month which is the ideal way of using cards.