Question

Mrsmagana19

Is it better to pay off your credit card before or on statement due date?
Hello, I have no credit at all. I got approved for a Capital one secured credit card with a $200 limit. I've spent about $10. I am going to keep my bill under 10% utilization. But I was wondering what will help my credit the most. Should I pay my bill of before the due date or on the due date? Also how long does it take to show on my credit reports that I have one?

The due date is the latest date the payment will count. Best to pay the bill as soon as you get it, if possible, and take into account mail time if you do that.  Mine are online and I allow two days for the accounts to show paid.