Question

Kbarng19

Is it better to cancel a credit card you're not using or just let it sit in your wallet?
Last year I took out store credit cards: Victoria's Secret, TJ Maxx, Amazon, Paypal, etc. I also have a mastercard and a visa. I have paid off all credit cards and while I want to keep my mastercard and visa for credit building capabilities, I no longer want the store cards. Is it better to cancel these cards or to just cut them up and keep the accounts open?

If you don't use them, the creditor will cancel them after a while.  Once they are gone, your score will drop.  So, unless you want your score to drop right away, just leave them alone.  Or better yet, use them once a year to keep them alive and help your score.