Question

Eliasana01

Is it better for me to do credit conslation
I have a lot of debt and I haven't been able to pay them. It's not because I don't want to is that I don't have the money to do so. I want to pay them off if I do credit consation will that help me faster to pay off the debt as well as increase my score. If so which credit conslation would be the best. In Need of help thank u.

Most Helpful Response

Do a Google search for Dave Ramsey and foillow his advice.  He has excellent ideas for resolving debt problems very effectively on your own. And I hope you've read the articles on this site about credit because teaching people how to build and handle their credit is the ppurpose of Credit Karma.

It depends on the kind of debt you have and what your credit score is. If you have credit cards with high balances and high interest rates, AND a good credit score, you may want to look into a consolidation loan. The loan may give you a better rate than your credit cards.