Question

Mollydog211

Is it best to NOT pay?
I see a lot of people advising that it's best to just NOT pay off your debt, but to rather just let it expire. Is that true? My credit report says that my debts will expire in Nov. and Dec. of this year. Should I pay them off, or just wait? If they simply expire, how will that affect my credit? I want to buy a house but need to fix my credit first, but I don't know what is the best way to go about fixing it. Help!!!

Thank you policebox!

I do want to pay them off, just because it feels right. But I had read a few responses on other posts that actually paying them off can "stir up the pot" on other bills you may owe from the past. I know I had more bills in the past that had gone to collections, that I no longer see on my report, despite the fact that I never paid them. So I would like to avoid having them come back if I can, only because it would take me years to pay them all off. I will have to see what I can find out as far as the legal issues go. Thanks again!