Question

gram981

Is it best to close credit cards like LensCrafters that won't be used again
I have a credit card for LensCrafters that I have not used for 2 years, should I close it or leave it on my credit report?

Your credit, good or bad, with Lens Crafters will remain on your account for 7 years. However, if you close the account then your credit score will be adjusted by the credit available on the account. Best to leave it open unless it has a total age that is less than your average age of all your aco****s.

Translation: Your credit will take a hit based on total available credit, but may actually increase your score if it is a rather young account that is reducing the average age of all your account.