Question

Ilovetheswipe

Is it bad to pay my balance befre the end of the billing cycle?
I have NEVER missed a payment or incurred interest. Every credit card statement that has come to my house for the last 6 months has come here with a zero balance. I pay off my credit cards before the billing cycle even closes because I had always thought that that would make my credit look amazing. But a friend told me that that is not a good idea only because at the end of the billing cycle is when credit card utilization is reported to the credit bureaus. Should I at least let a statement come home with even $10 and pay that off then and there so that something is reported to the bureaus, or should I continue to pay off my cards the way that I currently am?

Most Helpful Response

I believe that if you leave a small balance on your cards every month (about 10-20% of your credit limit) it will drive up your credit scores.  This is just my opinion and what I've heard from other credit repair specialists.  The reason for this is that potential creditors want to think they can make money off of you.  If they never get to charge you interest, then why give you credit?  What's in it for them?  Does that make sense?

Ilovetheswipe

That's really good advice! Thanks I get it now =D