Question

Spectrum313X

Is it bad to leave my credit card open that has no annual fee but not use the card at all?
I opened a card in college that has no annual fee but do not currently use it because my other cards have much better rewards programs. I probably haven't used this card in 8 months to a year. Is this non-activity hurting me or should I start using it again once or twice a month and pay it off?

Use it twice a year minimum.

if you don't want to carry the card, put a recurring charge on it such as a phone or cable bill.  That way it shows utilization with out you having to use the card, You can pay it off each month with money you were going to spend anyway and it will show consistant utilization.