Question

Shawnduhqueefah

Is it bad to apply to more than 1 credit card within a short amount of time?
I applied to AMEX, hoping to transfer my balance of an existing credit card. They approved me, however denied my balance transfer. And now, I see that you guys recommend a Discover Card for transferring balances. My goal is to transfer out of my initial card (Capital One) into a low interest balance card.
The problem is that I just got approved by the AMEX within this week. So my question is: would it effect me negatively if I applied to Discover right now, since I was recently approved by AMEX?