Question

flolo726

Is it bad for my credit if I make payments to reduce my credit card debt but do not use my card?
I am close to my limit on both of my cards but have created a monthly budget. If I follow my plan correctly, I should be done paying both back within a year.

I'm just wondering, if it would be damaging for me to not use my cards during the time that I am paying them back. Of course, after a few months I would be able to start using them and paying back the amount used in full in addition to what I have budgeted to pay each month but I don't want to make any mistakes and end up in trouble again. Should I use the cards?

Get out of debt

You do not have to buy more stuff, just pay the thing off.  They have traps and snares all along the way to screw with you.  Pay them all off, but do not close them.

Bad to not use the card you are paying

Not sure, but I have been paying on one card that had a high balance and trying to pay it down, then I notice that they reduced our credit limit...so in that sense it is bad...they reduced without notification or reason except that we are not using the card at this time for purchases or futher transfers. Which this of course looks bad and could affect your score as well...Good luck