Question

rubarb12

Is it a good idea to pay off my cradit cards in full? Or just a manageable amount?
I'd like to pay down my cards to a manageable amount. Is this better than paying the full amount owed? And if I pay the cards down, is it possible for these companies to lower my interest rates?

Yes it is possible to ask for APR reduction. AmEx, Barclays, CitiBank ...etc are known to reduce the APRs willingly, especially when your credit profile has improved, but CapOne is big fat no.

Since paying interest is really throwing money away, paying cards in full when the bill ,comes in is smar t use of credit.  When you do so, it doesn't matter what the interest rate is on credit cards because, when you pay in full what is shown on the statement, you are not paying interest. When you make a partial payment, you pay interest on the unpaid balance.  I really advise taking the time to mread the articles here to better understand hoiw credit works.

Pay them in full, there is absolutely no need to carry balances on your credit cards. Get them paid off and save a lot of interest money. Just do not close them as that usually does have a negative impact on your credit.