Question

wintryblue

is it a good idea to consolidate credit?
I have about 3 cards with balances on them that I am thinking of consolidating but I don't know enough about how that works. Can credit consolidation hurt my credit or help it? Will it build my credit up faster since I would do one payment for the remaining balance(s) owed?

Consolidating has the advantage of stopping the interest rates from eating your balance alive, but it also kills the cards. You may want to just start with the lowest balance/APR combo card and pay it down as fast as you can to zero balance. After that, you attack the next biggest, then the biggest.