Question

cdthlp

Is it a bad thing to have more than 1 credit card with the same bank/company?
I have 1 credit card but my utilization is well over the recommended 30%. I want to improve my credit score and I'm making slow progress, so I'm considering applying for another credit card to reduce my overall utilization. I've researched other credit cards on line and the card with the best rating for my credit situation is from the same bank/company that I already have a card from. Is it a good or bad idea have more than 1 credit card from the same bank/company?

Most Helpful Response

NO i have 2 from capital one and 2 from bank of america....though if you havent had the first card for atleast 6-9 months check with the company to make sure they will even process the transaction some won't if you just got a card from them 6-9 months ago