Question

101jeffrey

Is it a bad idea to use a big box retailers card?
I can pay the full balance every month, but I find myself at home depot daily, generally paying cash as I keep my other cards at zero balance. I'm just curious if opening a new line of credit will boost my score as I use it responsibly and how soon I will see positive results.

The Home Depot credit card no longer offers 5% off.  Lowe's credit card offers 5% off. Store cards tend to have much higher interest rates. Only use those cards if you pay them off every month, which you should do with all credit cards anyway.

If you're going to have credit cards, then make them work for you.  Apply and use credit cards that earn rewards which benefit you. Whether it's cash,  points, or travel rewards.