Question

ilmmaf

Is Having a Kay Jewelry Card Open Bad?
I opened a Kay card a year ago and have done nothing with it, besides today when I bought a watch using my $300 limit thinking to improve my credit. But upon further inspection, I will get interest tacked on if I don't pay the whole thing off right away.

So I have decided to get a secured card and use it for maybe $50 every month and pay it off at the end of the month.

Is this a good plan, and should I close the Kay card?

Most Helpful Response

Kay credit card

$300 for a watch you can't pay for when due?  Dude, think before you spend.

ilmmaf

Well I am planning on returning the Kay watch tomorrow and cancelling everything, but I was wondering if I should still leave the card open. I was also planning on one of the secured credit cards and paying off the amount I spend every month. I guess I am just really confused about the whole thing.

ilmmaf

It is better to pay off a card a fully every month and it will improve your credit without interest right? How long would I use the secured card for, what result am I looking to get? Is there ever any interest or fees I pay if I use a secured credit card and pay the full amount on time every month?

And all of this is better than getting one expensive thing and gradually paying it off, right?