Question

Ma4581

IS having 2 loans better than 1 loan+4ccs? Goal is to boost credit score
I have just consolidated my 2 personal loans w/ my credit union into 1. It saves me on the interest and monthly payment- NOW would it be a good idea to consolidate all my credit cards into another loan? If I did this - I would only have 2 loans and NO CC debt. My goal is to boost my credit score to reflect PRIME

Use the cc simulator on this site. It should give you an idea what will happen to your score if you pay off some of your existing debt.... Good luck....

If you'd save money on interest by consolidating, then by all means do it.  However, do not cancel or close the credit cards.  Keep them open by using once or twice a year (tank of gas, whatever) just to keep them and the good history alive in your credit report, so that you still have a good mix of credit.  Consolidation may help your credit score by reducing the number of accounts with balances, but really hard to say without reviewing a complete copy of your credit report.  It sounds like you're already pretty savvy on this stuff, but if you haven't been to www.credit.about.com, I recommend it for any questions you may have about credit and credit scores.    Keep up the great work!