Question

Addictedtosports

is good or bad to add my wife on my credit card?
Hello,

My wife has bad credit, and someone told me adding her to my credit card will help to reestablish her credit. As far as right now my credit is good. My question is; What are the pros and cons for this action? I need help please... thanks for reading!

It Depends,

It would be good for her Credit History/Score to have a positive account showing.   ( How bad is her Credit,  has there  been any effort to clean, correct her bad credit history?  )

It would be bad if she started charging running the balance up.

As a authorized user on your account it would seem to help out here on Credit Karma and with the TransUnion FICO score as the Models  include authorized users.   If you were to look at the FICO Scores from the other two it would not help at all.  They us a newer FICO Model that seems to exclude authorized users accounts. ( I found this out talking with the myFICO.com folks about 2 months ago. they did say that TransUnion was moving to the new FICO model but did not give any date or timeframe. )

Best to Clean up her Credit Report first before adding her to one of your credit cards.

Good Luck