Question

samanthabs

is getting a credit card the best way to improve my credit score?
I have only had one poorly managed credit card and it was when I was much younger and did not understand the effect it would have on me or my credit score for the rest of my life… I have a car loan that I pay on time every month, but nothing else in my credit profile to help out my score. It seems as though the only way to improve my score would be to get a credit card and pay it off or above the minimum balance every month. What, if any, are my other options?

Helping credit.

Pay your car loan on time every month and get a pre paid 'credit card' from someplace that reports your activity to credit agenies.  I know that Bank of America does this.   There is a minimum that you have to start out with,  I heard it is $300.  You cannot over draw and if you pay them every month, your score will go up over the next few months.  

help advice

My husband had a very poor score, we went to the credit bureaus and pulled his reports, disputed everything and in about 2 months he went up to just shy of good,currently poor, 120 point increase, and was then able to qualify for a credit card. Listen to credit karma, keep your balance under 20% and you will be good soon.

Good Luck